Spot Intelligence Ltd, trading as Spot Intelligence, (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Spot Intelligence Ltd of 86-90 Paul Street
EC2A 4NE London,
What information will we collect and process from you?
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.spotintelligence.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and delivery services, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
How will we use your information?
- Information you give to us. We will use this information to:
carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
notify you about changes to our service;
ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information to:
administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
keep our site safe and secure;
measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences. You can enable or disable cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. You can find out how to do this, and find more information on cookies, at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Who will we disclose your information to?
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including (i) business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and (ii) analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if:
- we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. Spot Intelligence or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
What are your rights?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at Spot Intelligence,
86-90 Paul Street,
EC2A 4NE London,
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Where will we store your personal data?
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How can you access information we hold about you?
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Who to contact
86-90 Paul Street,
EC2A 4NE London,